Wanted to get a better experience to view photos on the external hard drive in your mac with backing important data? Then you just need to know how to view photos on an external hard drive mac to view and easily view the photos without any hassles clearly.
It isn’t very easy to provide the best answer in one word. However, you can create an iPhoto livery on the hard drive so that you can easily access and view the photos. Note, mac doesn’t allow you to view the photos directly from the external drive.
Are you not satisfied with answering the short information of this question? Then I suggest you keep reading the following section to hassle-free view photos on an external hard drive on the mac. You will get methods that are scientifically proven. Whatever, let’s get started with the article.
How to Access Photos on External Hard Drive Mac?
When you want to access photos on an external hard drive on the mac, you should keep in mind that mac doesn’t allow you to directly access the photos on an external hard drive. Can’t view photos on external hard drive mac? Well, you need to complete a proper process to get easy access.
Method-1: Using iCloud to Access the External Drive
If you are an iCloud user or just want to use iCloud to access the external drive, this method is truly effective. However, let’s follow the below steps to get easy access using iCloud.
Step-1: First and foremost, you need to disconnect the current library Mackbook as a default system in your mac.
- You can access photos on Mac> Preference > Click an iCloud option on your mac> Click Uncheck iCloud photo library > Remove from Mac> press two times on that to confirm> Then you should quit photos.
Step 2: Create your own library for new photos. Check out the following guidelines to create a library for new photos.
- Connect your external drive to your Macbook> Click, Option > It will ask you to choose a library, choose ‘Create new option.’ > Rename its name > Press down arrow pop-up > Choose external Drive > Click ‘OK’ to save it.
Now, you create your own file on an external drive. According to my experience, you don’t need to do anything to access the photos.
Method-2: Access the External Drive without Using iCloud
This method is pretty similar to how to view pictures from an external hard drive on Mac using iCloud. So, let’s check out the following section to access the external drive without using iCloud.
- If you have any drive photos, then you need to download the originals to your mac.
- Follow the process: Photos’ on Macbook> Preference > iCloud> Check out the ‘iCloud Photo Library’ > ‘Download Originals’ photos to your Macbook.
- Now, you need to wait because it takes a couple of hours or depending on your file sizes. After downloading in a proper way, you can disconnect the drive.
How to View Photos on Seagate External Hard Drive Mac?
If you want to view photos on Seagate external hard drive on mac, you need to reformat the driver before using it because the system only read on MacBook. It is unclear to view photos on Seagate external hard drive on mac because of a complicated process. I would love to suggest you read the mac Seagate external hard drive manual to view the photos easily.
How to View Photos from External Hard Drive on Macbook Pro?
It is easy to view photos from an external hard drive on MacBook pro to follow a single method which I already discussed in the above sections. Every MacBook model comes with the same method to view photos from an external hard drive on Mac.
So, if you want to view photos from an external hard drive on a MacBook Pro, you strongly follow the above method to view photos from an external hard drive without any hassles.
How to Transfer Photos from External Hard Drive to Mac?
To move or transfer photos from an external hard drive to mac, you just need to complete 11 easy steps without losing data. So, let’s check out the following steps.
- First, attach your external hard drive to your mac.
- If you don’t attach the proper way, then you can format the drive.
- Now, open a Finder window and check out that your external drive attaches to your mac.
- From your left panel, you can find your window.
- Right-click your photo library icon and select the info option. After that, you need to verify that your library has enough space on the external drive.
- Drag and drop your photos library icon onto the hard drive icon
- It may take some time to complete the copy.
- After finishing the copy, you must need to hold this key ⌥Click the other library, and you need to navigate the new library on the external device.
- If you use a photo app, then you need to complete this process Preferences > General and select ‘Use as System Photo of Library’.
- If you are an iCloud system user, you should go for System Preferences > iCloud > Photos > Options. Select iCloud Photos Library.
- Finally, disconnect your hard drive so that you can understand that all of the photos move safely and are verified.
How to Open iPhoto Library from External Hard Drive?
To open the iPhoto library from an external hard drive is very simple and easy. Here, I discuss a simple method that helps you a lot to open the iPhoto library from an external drive. So, let’s get started.
- Step 1: Choose the iPhoto program so that it is easily open
- Step 2: Click on your desktop (anywhere) to find out the finder, and you need to click “File” on the top screen. After that, you open a new window.
- Step 3: Click on your home folder in the left sidebar to go picture and open the picture function.
- Step 4: Now, you should drag the “iPhoto Library” icon into the hard drive.
- Step 5: Finally, open the photos when you press the “Option” key. Now, you see a dialogue box that asks you to choose the iPhoto library. Select the iPhoto library and open it from your external hard drive without any problems.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q: How do I access the photos library on the external hard drive?
A: You can easily access the photos library on the external hard drive to follow a simple method which I already discussed in the above section. Mac doesn’t allow access to the photos library on an external hard drive directly. So, check out any of the methods from the above section and get easy access.
Q: How do you access an external hard drive on a Mac?
A: First of all, you should focus on the library or also ensure that you are using the iCloud system or not. To access an external drive on a mac without any problems it would be better to follow a simple process described in the above section.
When you are a new user or also found a basic problem of mac to view photos on the external hard drive, then your mind may have a question how to view photos on an external hard drive mac. Am I right? I understand your problem and try to solve your problem by providing two different methods which are cost-free. So, let’s check out the above methods to view your photos on an external hard drive mac.
Most Popular Posts:
- Mouse for Blender
- What File System Supported by Windows Can Be Used for Volumes and Drives
- How to Remove Hard Drive from Old HP Laptop
- How to Turn Off External Hard Drive When Not in Use
8 Best Monitor for RTX 3070 in September 2022 [Buyers Guide]
RTX 3070 is a powerful graphics card that comes from Nvidia. This graphic card is designed for gamers, and of course, the graphic cards are also used in professional areas. Well, you should consider...
Top 8 Best Monitor for RTX 3080 in June-2022 [Quality Reviews]
RTX 3080 is the latest graphic card that comes from Nvidia. But, Nvidia is not accepted all of the monitors; that's why you need to consider the best monitor for RTX 3080 graphic card....